Ticket Sales Account Executive
The Boston Cannons of Major League Lacrosse are searching for an experienced motivated professional to sell season ticket packages, group ticket packages, and other related ticket products through outbound, targeted call campaigns to businesses, individuals, and local groups/organizations. The Account Executive will report to the Director of Ticket Sales and will focus on renewing existing accounts, soliciting new business, delivering outstanding customer service, and build relationships that will encourage repeat business and referrals. The Account Executive will also play a large role in the execution of game day and grassroots marketing events.
· Maximize ticket sales revenue through the sale of Season Tickets, Group Tickets, other ticket products
· Initiate new business while meeting or exceeding daily, weekly and annual sales quotas
· Maintain and expand a database of ticket sales customers
· Attend and prospect new business at lacrosse and other marketing events year round
· Work cross-functionally with marketing, sponsorship, and PR to maximize ticket sales
· Work as part of the team with the ability to take on multiple rolls/tasks that may fall outside of the normal duties of the position
· Act as a trouble-shooter and account liaison on game-day to assist with ticket issues
· Assist with game day stadium setup and breakdown before and after each game
· Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Ticket Sales
· BA/BS Degree
· 1-3 years of direct selling experience preferable in the sports industry
· Exhibit exceptional work ethic, desire to succeed and passion for a meaningful career in the sports industry
· Ability to quickly assimilate new information and willingness to learn and apply ticket sales best practices
· Proactive and eager to take on new projects
· Ability to quickly determine problem(s) and present solution(s) in difficult situations
· Ability to multi-task in a high stress environment while keeping a positive and professional manner
· Expert skills in Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and database programs
· Effective verbal and written communication and organizational skills
· Willingness and ability to work long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as required
TO APPLY -- Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
BOSTON CANNONS SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
Interns will work four days in the Cannons front office plus all seven home games, Championship Weekend and additional events. Game day volunteers will work the seven home games, MLL All-Star Game, and additional events.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, all interns will assist in general office operations and have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of running a professional sports team.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Operations/Merchandise Intern (2 positions available)
GAME DAY VOLUNTEERS
If you are interested in adding event experience to your resume and have limited availability, consider being a Cannons game day volunteer. We have seven home games plus the MLL All-Star Game, and need volunteer support in the following roles. Game day volunteers work full days for all eight games, and physical work is required for set-up and breakdown.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest Relations Representative (5 positions available)
Other opportunites include:
Usher (4 positions available)
Please email resumes and position interest to email@example.com